More than 230,000 membership of the American Motorcyclist Association voted for more than 100 roads, to choose the best motorcycling roads in the United States. The roads were voted on the entries via the AMA’s website.
With all that votes, the AMA chose the best 15 motorcycling roads in the United States.
15. Washington Route 129 and Oregon Route 3, Clarkston, Wash., to Enterprise, Ore. State Route 129 (SR 129) is a state highway in Asotin County, Washington.
14. Ohio Route 170, Calcutta to Poland.
13. California Route 58, McKittrick to Santa Margarita. State Route 58 is a highway across the California Coast Ranges, the southern San Joaquin Valley, the Tehachapi Mountains, the southern Sierra Nevada, and the Mojave Desert.
12. U.S. Route 33, Harrisonburg, Va., to Seneca Rocks, W.Va. U.S. Route 33 runs for 709 miles (1,141 km) from northern Indiana to Richmond, Virginia, passing through Ohio and West Virginia.
11. Natchez Trace, from Natchez, Miss., to Nashville, Tenn. The Natchez Trace Parkway is a 444-mile drive through exceptional scenery and 10,000 years of North American history, from Natchez to Nashville.
10. Angeles Crest Highway, California Route 2. Angeles Crest Highway is a segment of California State Route 2. The road is 66 miles (106 km).
9. U.S. Route 12, Lolo Pass, Idaho and Montana. Lolo Pass is a mountain pass at 5,233 feet (1,595 m) asl, in the northern Rocky Mountains
8. California Route 36.State Route 36 is a highway in California, from U.S. Route 101 in Humboldt County to U.S. Route 395 in Lassen County.
7. Cherohala Skyway, North Carolina and Tennessee. The Cherohala Skyway (or Overhill Skyway) is a 43-mile (69 km) road that connects Tellico Plains, Tennessee, to Robbinsville, North Carolina.
6. Going to the Sun Road,Glacier National Park, Montana. This engineering marvel spans 50 miles through some of the best sights in northwest Montana.
5. California Route 1, Pacific Coast Highway. Highway 1 runs along much of the Pacific coast of California. It is famous for running along some of the most beautiful coastlines in the world,
4. Million Dollar Highway. The Million Dollar Highway, or U.S. 550, is one of the nation’s most spectacular drives. Driving south you'll be on the "outside" with no guardrails.
3. U.S. Route 129 -The Tail of the Dragon - on the North Carolina-Tennessee border. With 318 curves in 11 miles, is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road.
2. Blue Ridge Parkway,North Carolina. It runs for 469 miles, mostly along the famous Blue Ridge, a major mountain chain that is part of the Appalachian Mountains.
1. Beartooth Highway,Montana and Wyoming. Beartooth Highway features breathtaking views of the Absaroka and Beartooth Mountains.