Cycling Across Europe could easily be one of the best adventures of your life. Across all those cities and forest lands - you get a balanced view of glamour and greenery.
There are so many tracks to choose from. You can do an easy 700 km or a tough 2000 km. It all depends on you.But, to make your tour really enjoyable, you must be well prepared. You should pack all the necessary things with you to make sure that nothing stops your trip short. At the same time, you must try to travel light.
So, we have come up with the ultimate cycling packing list for all you pretty women out there.
Important Factors To Consider
There are some factors that can affect your trip. So, you need to consider these while packing up.
- Weather and Seasons
Obviously, the first thing that you need to think about is the weather. Summertime requires easy to wear clothes but needs more supplies. But, in winter, you need more bulky clothes.Be sure to have a look at the weather forecast for your destination.
- Duration and Distance
You can decide on how long you want your trip to be. But, you are going to need a little more supplies if you are planning to have longer trips. You should also look at your duration. If you are planning to cycle during the night then you might need added items inside your backpack.
- Number of Stops and Refill Station
The more you are stopping during the trip, the less you are gonna need to carry with you. So, have a look at the map and determine your replenishment stops. It will give you a proper idea of how much supplies you should carry with you.
A Sturdy Bicycle
The right bicycle can either make or break your trip. Determine the type of road that you'd be using and pick your bicycle accordingly. Always choose a bicycle which you feel comfortable riding. Otherwise, your perfectly planned trip will turn into a nightmare!
All In One Repair Kit
You don't wanna be stranded in the middle of nowhere looking for help. When it comes to biking such a long-distance - problems are inevitable. So, you should better be prepared with a good repair kit.
Extra Tires For Un-repairable Situations
There are times where you might need an extra pair of tires. Your repair kit can not repair big punctures out of the blue.
Matching Hand Cranked Air Pump
There are small air pumps out there that fit superbly in your bag. Get one of these hand-cranked air pumps with matching air nuzzles.
Take a carry pouch which is designated for biking instruments. Like your gear, machine oil, lights and so on.
A Heat Deflecting Seat Cover
Save your bum from getting toasted with a nice seat cover. It will also protect your seat from the rain as well.
Safety and Security
You must always carry a helmet and bike locks with you. Nothing should make you compromise safety and security. Carry extra locks if you are leaving your bike unattended for a longer period.
Carry breathable hat if you are traveling during hot weather. Having a nice rain jacket is also essential for bikers. You should also pack enough sunscreen lotion in your backpack.
To make sure that you don't get lost, you must have a good way Finder option. Get a detailed map of the locality to know every little detail. Have a GPS tracker with you and you can also use distance meter to have a look at your progress.
Camera and Tripods
If you want to capture every glorious moment of this wonderful trip, you better have a cool camera with you. It does not have to be super expensive. The best cheap travel cameras out there in the market are filled with features that will truly surprise you! Getting a tripod is also a great option when you do not have anyone to take a photo of you.
Let's Talk About Wearables
- Every biker must always have a pair of bicycle gloves. Make sure they are the right size and made from breathable materials.
- Biking shorts are also a must-have if you don’t want to get sore bum! Get at least two of these so that you can rotate them.
- Lightweight tee shirts and sports top made out of Comfortable fabrics. Cotton or linen is a good option for summer. Make sure that you can travel a long distance while wearing those.
- Stack up with the right set of undergarments for your long trip. You need at least 3 of each. Wearing the same set might cause infection and discomfort.
- This one is a no brainer, but your shoes are your ultimate best friend during the trip. Get the most comfortable one you can find that offers sturdiness as well. Plus, get one pair of evening shoes as well. Ah-ha, Don't for your socks btw. Get at least three pairs.
- You would not be on the bike all day long, would you? You need evening dresses for those fancy night outs and socializing with people. Some nice jeans with a skirt or top will do.
- There are some clothing items that are not super essential, but it's better to have them in the bag if you have space left. A nice night Pajamas, swimwears, and beachwear.
The More The Merrier
- Get your toiletries in a separate bag to stay more organized. Pack in shampoo, soap, cream, toothpaste, brush, comb, sunscreen, band-aid, razor, wipes, pads, medicine, and other bare necessities. Try to find travel-sized packs of these things.
- Get a different bag to put all of your stationery. A notebook, pen, your IDs, passport, cables, chargers, money, cards, pen drives, and other things can be put in here.
- Safety gears are also important to make a smooth experience. Have a flashlight, lighter, a small knife and pepper spray (optional) with you. Better safe than sorry.
There you go. Now you are completely ready to have the time of your life. Follow this list to pack your backpack and you'll have no difficulties in the road.
Wish you a happy journey. Don't wait for your perfect moment, create one now! Ciao!