The Noravank is a 13th-century Armenian monastery, located in the Armenian the Vayots Dzor Province.
The road to the monastery is asphalted but pretty narrow, running in a narrow gorge made by the Gnishik river. This is an exquisite winding mountain drive with sharp and blind curves and hairpin switchbacks leading the traveler over the mountains. The road to get there is up through a canyon, and the road ends by the monastery. It was founded in 1205 by Bishop Hovhannes, the former Abbot of Vahanavank.
The road is 7.6km long situated deep in the Noravank canyon. A quick glance at the map at its sheer drops and serpentine twists and turns, confirms that this is no hype. Literally translated from Armenian, Noravank means “New Monastery”.